Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My Little son,Gabby

When I watch my little son trying to do every small thing that we grown ups do in a big way, I admire his curiosity and confidence. His bright eyes shining Gabby fiddles with every household item and has his hands on all the electronic items like TV, DVD etc. In the last 6 months I have thrice changed my mobile phone because of the catastrophe it was subjected to many times. The TV remote is partially working and the fridge door is almost done. With his tweak sounding shoe on he tries to peep through every hole in my garden to experiment even the wildest ants and insects. We got our front area cemented recently because when it was muddy Gabby jumped into and played in the slushy pool of water that gets accumulated after rain.
Gabby’s lenient, easy going and ever smiling grandfather who was a like strict military officer until Gabby’s birth is always on Gabby’s side, supporting and comforting Gabby when he gets scolded and punished. Gabby acts as though he has not heard any thing when my husband scolds him hard and takes advantage of his grandmother and runs to her as though she is his entire world. I had left him alone in the dining hall just for a few minutes and when I came back I noticed that he had broken all the tea mugs one by one and was fiddling with the glass pieces. My husband got very furious at him and started to scold him, but he acted as though he did not hear a word what was said.
Recently we set up a new aquarium in our living room with 12 new golden fish. Gabby was around it 24/7. Unable to reach it because we had set it a little higher from the floor, he was very upset. But still he was amused and always thought about it.Before sleep he used to say these two words- Mee- Mee and as soon as he gets up in the morning he repeats the same words. Now he has grown a little taller and is capable of climbing onto the sofa to reach the aquarium and his hands are always on the water. Trying to hold the fish, sometimes taking it alive out and then putting it back again, trying to take out the pebbles and all mischievous things with the aquarium. I wonder when he is going to give a farewell for it once and for all.
I must add that even at this age he has a keen interest in music and keeps his ears open to good songs. He pauses when there is good music around and tries to imitate sometimes. In the evenings when I paint, he watches me closely and tries to hold the brush and paint as well. We all applaud and congradulate him when he kicks the ball with a bend professionally….. it is a real joy that God has blessed us with.

No comments:

Post a Comment